GZ Forums is a small but growing community of gamers with the latest news on the latest gaming machines and videogames.

Resident Evil 5: First Impressions

Thorzilla
    Admin
    Admin

Resident Evil 5: First Impressions

Post by Thorzilla on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm

After getting this game today, and having a friend over, playing with me, all I can say is WOW! Let's start by saying that I've never played a RE game before, although I've seen my cousin play from start to finish all of them, from the first to the fourth. My first impressions might be different from those of a hardcore RE fan.

In the technical side, the visuals are beautiful. I was amazed by the graphics and how clean, sharp and crisp they look. Everything looks gorgeous and I haven't seen a slowdown in the 2 hours I've been playing. Of course I have been spoiled by Killzone 2 and those jaw dropping visuals, but RE5 is eyecandy as well. The music goes along with the gameplay perfectly, creating tension where and when needed.

Controls. All I can say is that they feel great. Although a friend of mine played the demo with me who plays just casually and thought the controls were too hard, he enjoyed the thrill of the gameplay. No matter what everyone has been saying about not being able to move and aim and how lame that is, I love it. This builds even more tension knowing that in order to shoot, you must be safe first as you can't go in a guns blazing a la' Rambo (which is much appreciated in a world ruled by Halos and Call of Duties).
    The co-op experience is amazingly solid and pretty well thought. Although Sheva's AI seems to have an IQ similar to that of a fly, playing with a real life buddy provides an unique experience. Trade weapons, give ammo, heal your partner, help them out in the heat of the battle, reanimate them, there's many possibilities. While games created around co-op like Army of Two were good fun with friends, this is a blast. Online co-op is as good or even better as you get to see your game in full screen. To be honest, I don't quite understand the decission the developers made to implement such a weird split screen scheme, it's all fine after getting used to it. I can share your pain though SDTV users as you probably won't be able to check your ammo in the tiny little split screen.

Overall, and after playing this game for a couple hours only, both with a friend and online, I can say that this game is now in my top 3 games this generation, alont with Uncharted and Killzone 2 and that is quite a feat. If you are over the fence, be there no more and jump it. Go ahead, buy the game and see you online!

|My Playfire|My Deviantart|

Song of the Week: Chariot-Gavin DeGraw
    Cid00x
    Mod
    Mod

Re: Resident Evil 5: First Impressions

Post by Cid00x on Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:56 pm

I remember I played 1 for the ps1 and I played 4 for the ps2. I can not wait to get this. I trust your judgement, and you say it is good. Smile

Mod

Post by OptimusChrist on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm

It lost its roots. It isn't a Resident Evil game anymore, it just seems like a cool shooter. RE 4 was the best in my opinion. This game just has fancier graphics and more black people to shoot. Gameplay is pretty fun and you get the occasional "HOLY *CENSORED*!" moments, but then it kinda gets boring after a while. To wrap it up, it's a great game, but it really doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game.

Cid00x
    Mod
    Mod

Post by Cid00x on Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:35 pm

I remember when I was little, I had RE 1, and Whenever there was a door you opened, and you saw a zombie, I would run out of my room. Literally. and than I would come back in 5 mins later and it would say GAME OVER. Lmao.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:05 am